Sunday, October 26, 2008

New Well Pump! Yay!

So Friday I took off of work to replace my well pump and everything that goes with. That includes a 20 gallon tank, check valves, 100 feet of one inch ABS pipe and all sorts fittings and stuff like that. The Job should have taken about 4-5 hours but it took about 3 and 1/2 hours to get the old stuff out. the real problem was the well cap. The bolts on the old well cap were in such bad shape that I couldn't get a wrench on them. I ended up having to drill the tops off the bolts. If I wasn't such a cheap bastard I would have had an angle grinder and I would have just ground them off to begin with. Once I got the Well Cap off the rest was easy because everything was new and easy to work with it was just time consuming.

After it was all done, I went around to each faucet to make sure the pressure was acceptable. It wasn't. I went and jacked up the PSI a little but it didn't make a difference. I struggled all day Saturday trying to figure out why. Then it dawned on me, fucking around with the well stirs up all the crap at the bottom and pumped a bunch sediment into all the pipes. All that sediment got stuck in the faucets screens. So I cleared them all out and now I'm good!

No comments: