Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Progress!!!

I started a diet on January 5th. It's essentially weight watchers, but I am only using the point system to determine how healthy the food is. I'm not going to walk around and count the points for every thing that I decide to eat or drink. I did for the first week as a baseline but this week I'm not counting. That's not to say that I am not watching what I eat. My eating habits have taken a sudden change and I think I'm liking it.

Before:

I would make a big cup of coffee before I left the house with LOTS of sugar and LOTS of half and half and drank it on the way to work. Then when I got to work, I would have another, and at 9:15 break I would get one more. For lunch, I would eat the hot lunch that she made, which is like eating a huge dinner. the kind that when you are done all you want to do is take a nap. If i didn't like what she cooked, I would get a THICK Chicken Salad Sandwich and a large (16 oz.) soup. And wash it all down with a can of Mtn Dew and of course I would buy a second can to have at my desk for the afternoon. Sometimes I would also get some junk food like hostess apple pie or ring dings too. Dinner would be standard dinner. Only difference would be a lot more than normal!

Now:

I wake up and have a bowl of cereal, per the serving size (3/4 cup). Right now it's Total Whole Grain Wheat with 1/2 cup of skim milk. Then before I leave I make a cup cup coffee with equal and Skim Plus milk. Then at 9:15 I have a lowfat yogurt. At lunch eat a Lean Cuisine frozen entree. and a banana and a bottle of water. at 2:15 I eat an apple. After I get home at about 5:00 I have another snack like an apple, banana or yogurt. Then I eat dinner. I'll still eat the same stuff except I'll make sure to take less than I did in the past. Sometimes Between dinner and bed I have another bowl of cereal.

So there it is. This is working for me. When I started this diet the scale yelled at me to get the fuck off! 248!!!! After a week of this the scale read 243. So that's 5 pounds this week. I'll continue doing this and see what happens next week.

Now if I could get my lazy ass up and work out on the BowFlex thing might move along even quicker. We finally got it set up, so really i just need to work it into my schedule. But one thing at a time and the one thing right now is to get used to the change in diet.

No comments: