Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A year already....

Yesterday marked the one year anniversary of my Mother's death. She had stomach cancer for 2 years before it finally metastasized and spread to ... well every where.... Either way, yesterday my 2 sisters and i went to the cemetery and decorated her headstone for Valentine's day and just hung around and talked... it was good. It's kind of weird how close we've gotten since Mom passed... I like it. Not that we hated each other or anything, but we've just gotten closer.

Saturday night was Willy's gig at The Valley View Pub. This was his 3rd or 4th Gig there and was by far his best performance. That being said, there is always room for improvement. One of the things he needs to remember is that he is playing at a local bar filled with his family and friends. Because of that he gets a lot of applause and cheers. What will happen if he were to play for a bar of random people in NYC. Not saying he doesn't play well, just saying .... Anyway, I jumped in and played a couple songs with him. If I remember right, It was 3 songs. Was good for me, it will help with the butterflies for this Saturday.

Which brings me to this Saturday. The gig I have this Saturday, is 4 guys that haven't really played together, playing 3 hours worth of cover songs. So we need to practice together. we've had 2 weeks to get this done but it seems that one of us always has something else to do... Not me... only day I can't practice is Monday nights between 7:45 and 9:00. that's it...so I have been available the whole time. the gig is 3 days away and there are still songs that we have not played together. Seems crazy... but we are going to have to wing it at this point. I suggested that we get together on Saturday before the gig and run through all the songs that we think need practice but the drummer has band practice with another band. Now don't get me wrong, I am all for playing in several bands and stuff, but come on... this is a PAYING gig, and it is paying them well. These guys need to set some priorities. If I look like an ass because of these guys, I'm gonna be pissed. Either way, I'm pretty excited to play... I will have a good time regardless....

1 comment:

honkeie said...

Sorry about your mom...
I am curious about your show