Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Game On!!!

It's Game On! Sunday I got on the scale, knowing that I've gained a lot of weight between quitting smoking and the Holiday gluttony. But I was totally NOT ready for what I saw!!! Holy shit!!! OK so, some stats on me ... I'm 6'2" tall, 39 years old. I weigh a whopping 248 lbs!!! HOLY FUCK!!! I never thought I would see the day! I know when I went to college I gained some weight but that was mostly from sitting around the dorm eating cheeseburgers and cheese fries and washing it down with a pitchers Killian's or mountain Dew. Plus the only exercise I was getting was lifting the burger and beer so I was bound to gain some weight... I looked online and the website I looked at (I can't remember which one it was) said I am obese!! I thought I just had a bit of a belly and that was it, but OBESE?

Last year, we went to Bonnaroo. If you are into music and live on the East Coast, you MUST go to Bonnaroo! Check it out: www.bonnaroo.com. It is a 4 day music festival in Manchester Tennessee that changed my life. I will return every year if I can afford it. Music starts each day at 12:00 and goes until about 4:00am... spread over 5 big stages, 2 or 3 small stages and a big comedy tent. over the 4 days there were 168 acts to see. Of course you just go and see the ones you want. Anyway, I will be going again this year. Pre-sale tickets are sold out already so I have to wait for them to go on sale again.

Anyway, I've set a goal for my self... there are no numbers as in weights or anything... My goal is to walk around at Bonnaroo shirtless. That doesn't mean I want 6-pack abs or anything. I just mean that it gets fucking hot in Tennessee and I want to be able to take off my shirt with out shame. You wouldn't catch me dead without a shirt now... I figure that Bonnaroo starts on June 11. That gives me like almost 5 months...

So there we go, there's the frustration and the incentive. So what's the plan, you ask? I decided to do Chris's form of Weight Watcher's. What that means is I'm too fucking cheap to pay for Weight Watcher's and I was hanging out over someones house that had a weight watcher's book. So I flipped through it figured out My "Points" and away I go. I am keeping track of how many points I take in and as long as it is under 35, I should lose weight. Wife is helping me stay in check too. I went to Shop-Rite and bought a shit load of frozen meals with the points all figured out for me. I've switched from lots of sugar and lots of cream in my coffee to equal and skim milk. I think because it tastes so bad I drink less of it. The only other liquid I drink is water. I will have to see what happens when I am schedules for beers with the boys though. Now add to that, that I will be working out with the Bowflex starting this week. I have to do some re-arranging of furniture before I can start Bowflex. I figure by Bonnaroo, I won't be embarrassed to take off my shirt if I'm hot.

I think I may even document my progress photographically. We'll see about that...

Anyway... Wish me luck!!!

No comments: