Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Week in review...

Looks like this blog stuff may end up being a weekly event, at least that seems to be the trend at the moment. I don't mean it to be, just seems to be happening that way...

So stuff has been going on! So lets see... Diet! Diet is there ... I continue to eat just the way I said last time... and I lost another 2 pounds... scale read 241 this morning.... not losing weight as fast as I hoped for or even expected but it IS working... seems that I do really goo during the week and then comes the weekend and I do something stupid... like this past Saturday... I was out jamming with some friends and none of us had eaten yet so we went to the diner.... instead of getting something like a salad with grilled chicken, I got a Cheeseburger. Now under the weight watchers rules, there was nothing (really) wrong with what I did but I felt guilty after..

Still not smoking... 112 days so far... and that's 112 days of absolutely NO smoking! Not even a single drag! I think i have this licked once and for all!!! Yee Haw!!!

Music: So I am friends with the head of the Activities Committee in our community... they are throwing a volunteer appreciation party for the community volunteers on January 31 and wanted to hire a band. He asked my friend Willy to do it, but Willy was like "A whole band would be better" so he got a couple guys together and created a cover band, but was lacking a second guitar. I stepped up and said I would do it for nothing! They don't evev have to pay me, I'll do it for free... (at least this time)... anyway ... been practicing with these guys A LOT! I love to play, so I don't really care about the money... it's not like I am any kind of pro rock star or ever will be! I hope to be able to get some pics, audio or even video of the Gig... The plan is to do 3, 45 minute sets with 15-20 minutes breaks... I'm pretty psyched, I haven't played for a crowd in a LONG time!!! Last time I was on a stage or even played for people was in January of 1993 at Escapades in Jersey City. That was last show I ever played..... I would go see my Bro-In-Law play a lot and secretly hope that he would invite me up to play with him but he never did...




Anyway... Willy has a gig this Saturday and his guitar broke, or at least the electronics in it did and he needs a guitar for the night. By chance, I want a new acoustic so I went and bought one!!!

See:



So for his Gig this Saturday he will borrow mine and get himself a new in the near future

I usually do this blogging stuff from work in between stuff but this week my boss has been gone all week and left me in charge and so it's really keeping me from doing this and Flickr.com stuff and facebook. I'm doing the best I can...

1 comment:

honkeie said...

Keep up the good work....I have lost weight too!