Thursday, November 6, 2008

Photo Mojo


Baby Mat, originally uploaded by chrismek.

I've been getting frustrated with my digital camera. It's a pretty old point and shoot Olympus. When I bought it, it cost like $400 and it's only a 2 MegaPixel Camera. That should tell you how old it is. I hate using it and I can't do the things that I want with it. It's OK for a point & shoot, but I have been using my Minolta X-700 since like 1986 and I can do so many things with it. Problem is, you have to get the film developed. I'm not very good at that! I have a lot of undeveloped film and I've started getting them all processed. this is some thing that will take forever.

I've made a decision that I need to get a digital SLR. I've looked at a lot of cameras and decided that I don't need a REALLY expensive one. I am pretty set on a Canon EOS Rebel XSi. I can get lenses for it and the add-ons that I have for my Minolta. And then I get Instant Gratification!!!

But since I don't have the extra money at the moment, I don't know what to do, except maybe wait a few months and set cash aside a little at a time and hopefully save up enough to get it around New Year or so.

In the Meantime, I've made a decision to Scan all my old Photos (and news ones that I get developed) and archive them. So last night, I picked up an HP scanner for nothing and set it up and did a couple test scans. This picture was one of them. Problem with this is that I can't get the software to work exactly like I want it to. I would like to put the pic on the scanner bed and hit one button and have it all done without any other intervention. Saved as a .JPG file and cycle through them all until ALL my pictures are scanned. I'll have to work on this and see if I can get that to happen otherwise it will take me years to get it done! Each picture takes too long to do.

So Synopsis:

A - Get a Canon EOS Rebel XSi

B - Get all my film developed

C - Scan all prints

D - Be satisfied with my Photo Mojo!

No comments: