Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ugh, Feeling Fat.

As you recall I quit smoking about 6 weeks ago, actually 50 days ago which is more like 7 weeks but who's counting? The point is that I quit, Yay! But I gained a bunch of weight on top of being overweight to begin with. And to top it off, I don't really get any exercise. So i'm feeling extra fat! As I was reading Phil's blog about riding his bike with a smoker friend, I felt a little better about myself. Not saying that I would do better than him, but I at least know that i don't have to say "Maybe it's time to quit" because I already did. so next on my agenda of improving my life is to lose weight and exercise more. I haven't mentioned it to anyone though for fear of them holding me to it. That's what I did with the smoking, I didn't tell anyone I was quitting, I pretty much just did it on my own. So anyway, I made a commitment to myself, and to Mom as she was dying, to take better care of myself. phase one was to quit smoking, next will be lose weight and exercise more. I think losing weight will come with exercising more right?

So I am publicly announcing that I will start taking better care of myself.

How will I get this done? I think i will do this in steps.
Step 1 - quit smoking- done
Step 2 - cut all soda out of my diet - done
Step 3 - eat less at every meal - working on this now
Step 4 - begin an exercise regimine - I will start exercising with my BowFlex in the next coming weeks - this will prove to be harder to do than all the others, except for the smoking. I just feel like that is a major routine change that will disrupt other things that I do. I don't want to quit playing my guitar to exercise or something like that... I'll just have to work that one out. making a new schedule for my life is going to be the hard one...

1 comment:

honkeie said...

Wicked cool I got some to link my blog!
Good luck with everything, I got the Chuck Norris Muscle factory....now all I have to do is dust it off and use it!
And yes, cut out the soda it is the silent diet killer!