Friday, November 7, 2008

Scanner!

This is more of an update than anything.

So the scanner I got for nothing the other day from my father in law works. Not high resolution or anything like that. And after looking at the pics that I scanned, I decided that the quality of the scan was not good enough. so I was talking to Brian at work and he said that he had a scanner that I could use for an extended amount of time. So, he brought it to work today and gave it to me.

Its a canon and its powered off the USB cable, which I think is really cool. Anyway, this one scans a much better quality and can do a complete scan and save with a single click. That's what I need! works great! Only problem is it is quite a bit slower than the other one.

Well in between all this, I talked to my father in law about the quality and he suggests I just buy a new scanner. They are cheap, I could get one for under $100 but I don't really want to spend the money on a scanner when I could put that money toward a new camera! Anyway he is often in Wal-Marts because he fixes their Cash registers and asked at a couple different wal-marts how much it would cost to have them scan pictures and put them on a CD. They will do it for cheap, like $10 for 200 pictures.

That sounds cool and all, but I don't think i want to do that only because I had this idea to do it myself. If it turns out that it sucks really bad to do it, then maybe i'll bring them to wal mart...

I will start the scanning probably this weekend!

No comments: